Friday, March 26, 2010

Creating a World

I have decided to create a separate blog for the creation of my sandbox world for the original d&d game. All information will be detailed here instead of on my current blog. It should also be noted that sometimes this will seem like a lot of ramblings because i will be using this blog a lot more like a notebook as well as a track of what I'm doing. I will attempt to track my steps in creating my world following the steps as detailed on the excellent bat in attic blog found here... http://batintheattic.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-fantasy-sandbox.html
This has been a project i have been working on for a few months and i already have a lot details worked out but it seems like every time i get near completion there are many details that i find disgusting so i will take those ideas waud them all up and start from scratch with step 1. First off i have been asking myself what do i want in this world, what really am i trying to create here. The best way for me to create anything is to first visualize it, get some kind of provocative imagery in my mind and work from there. So the first images that come to mind are things like this...

Savage dark swords and sorcery with demons, witchs, barbarians, lost tombs, and forgotten gods.

but i also like this..

A strange world with swashbuckling hero's and wonders beyond belief..

And then this!


Weird Weird horror, an adventurer would not even want to step out the door!
So now really i have my elements. A science fantasy world of weird savage and dark horror!
Lovecraft meets Howard meets Burroughs.

Now that i have my concepts swirling around in my head i can start to make the actual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment